Why you would use this feature
If you would like to provide your referral partners with a coupon code that they can give out to people instead of giving them their referral link, this feature is what you would use. When this feature is implemented, if a customers uses the referral partners promo code, they will get a discount for their purchase and the referral partner will get credited their commission for referring the sale.
How to Set it Up
1. Login to your admin control panel and then go to Referral Programs.
2. Click on Promotional Settings then Promo Code Tracking button.
3. Click Add Promo Code Tracking button.
4. Type in the name of the coupon that you created in your shopping cart, select the corresponding user and then select the referral program.
5. Now that you have added the coupon code, you will need to make an update to the sales tracking code that you added to your order confirmation page. Before you update this code on the confirmation page you will need to find out from your shopping cart provider, what is the variable name for the promo code and can that be referenced on the thank you page. If your shopping cart company provides this, you will need to add this to the section of your sales tracking code that is shown below:
/PromoCode:%%name of coupon variable%%
Note: Where it says %% name of coupon variable%%, you will need to replace that with the name of the coupon code variable that your shopping cart company provides.
Once you complete the steps above, your referral partners will be able to give out the code you assign for them which will give the customer a discount and calculate a commission for the referring partner.