It is now currently possible to have your BigCommerce store customers automatically registered for your referral program as soon as they purchase from your BigCommerce store. To enable this feature, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to your Omnistar Tell Software admin control panel.
2. Go to Settings -> Get Landing/ Thank You Page Code
3. Under Step 2 select "BigCommerce" from the dropdown list of shopping carts, you will then see the thank you page code that you will need to add to the "Affiliate Conversion Tracking" Section of your BigCommerce control panel.
4. In the middle of the code shown above, you will see a section of code which represents the variable that you need to use from BigCommerce that stores the Email Address. For BigCommerce the Variable name is %%ORDER_EMAIL%%:5365. So in the code shown above, replace the current variable shown which is Add_Email with%%ORDER_EMAIL%%:5365 along with the corresponding ID for the referral program that you you want your customers to join. To get the ID for the program, go to the Manage Referral Program section shown below and see the id in front of the program shown here:
** So once you get the ID, your variable along with the ID should be added do the code like this: %%ORDER_EMAIL%%:5365
5. This code will need to be replaced in your BigCommerce store now.
6. From the Admin section of BigCommerce shown below, click Settings, then Affiliate Conversion Tracking:
7. Now paste the tracking code into the box shown below and add the email variable %%ORDER _EMAIL%%:5365
**So for example, the link in the code prior to the change should look similar to this:
after you make the change it should look similar to this:
NOTICE: Where we had "Add_Email" it is now "%%ORDER_EMAIL%%:5365". Keep in mind the 5365 is your referral program ID.
8. Now that you have updated the variable and clicked to save your changes, you are all set to have every BigCommerce customer that purchases from your store automatically signed up as a referral partner.
9. When customers order and they get registered as an affiliate they will receive the affiliate welcome email that will include their affiliate link and link to login to their affiliate dashboard. To edit this email login to the Omnistar Referral software admin control panel and click Settings.
10. Now click the "Manage System Email" button:
11. To edit the Auto Sign up email, click the User Welcome Email (Auto Sign up) link:
You are now set to have all your customers that purchase your products automatically enrolled into your customer referral program.
If you need any assistance in setting up this optional feature, please email email@example.com.