If you would like to provide your affiliates with a coupon code that they can give out to people instead of giving them their affiliate link, this feature is what you would use. When this feature is implemented, if a customers uses an affiliates promo code, they will get a discount for their purchase and the affiliate will get credited their commission for referring the sale.
1. Login to your Admin Dashboard and go to Campaigns -> Manage Marketing Tools
2. Now click the button that says "Add Promo Code Tracking"
3. Click "Add Promo Code Tracking" button
4. Type the Coupon Code that you created in your Shopping-Cart, select the corresponding User and Referral program:
5. After adding the coupon code, you will need to update the Sales Tracking Code that you added to your order confirmation page. Before you update this code on the confirmation page you will need to find out from your shopping cart provider, what is the variable name for the promo code and if it can be referenced on the thank you page. After getting the variable name, you will need to add this to the section of your Sales Tracking Code that is shown below:
/PromoCode:%%name of coupon variable%%
Note: Where it says %%name of coupon variable%%, you will need to replace that with the name of the coupon code variable that your shopping cart company provides.
Once you complete the steps above your affiliates will be able to give out the code you assign for them which will give the customer a discount and calculate a commission for the referring affiliate.